The Shape of Sound: Using mixed realities to bridge music and architecture
Amy Gharst | Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning, University of Sydney, Australia
CAADRIA 2008, [Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia] Chiang Mai (Thailand) 9-12 April 2008, pp. 494-500
1. Fibonacci Numbers and The Golden Section in Art, Architecture and Music. http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibInArt.html Last accessed on September 7, 2007.
2. Glancey, Jonathan. Raise the Rafters. The Guardian. June 11, 2005. http://arts.guardian.co.uk/features/story/0,11710,1503877,00.html Last accessed August 28, 2007.
3. Khoueiry, Victor. Faculty of Music. Architecture Week. August 16, 2006. http://www.architectureweek.com/2006/0816/design_1-1.html Last accessed September 3, 2007.
4. Bartok String Quartet No. 4. Image taken from http://www.utoronto.ca/icm/thesis3.html Last accessed September 7, 2007.
5. Foster and Partners, Dresden Station Redevelopment. Image taken from http://www.fosterandpartners.com/Projects/0916/Default.aspx Last accessed September 7, 2007.
6. CNN.com. Q and A With Architect Daniel Libeskind. November 13, 2006. http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TECH/11/09/revealed.libeskind.qanda/ Last accessed September 7, 2007.
7. Iannis Xenakis. Image taken from http://at.or.at/hans/misc/itp/newmediahistory/philipspavilion/metastaseis1.gif Last accessed September 7, 2007.
8. Arts-Electric. The Music of Architecture. AE Interviews Sharon Kanach. May 12, 2006. http://www.arts-electric.org/articles/060512.kanach.html Last accessed September 7, 2007.
9. Lerner, Kevin. Concrete, Steel, and Philip Glass. In the Cause of Architecture, an online journal of ideas from Architectural Record. http://archrecord.construction.com/inTheCause/0402PhilipGlass/glass.asp Last accessed on August 28, 2007.
10. Symbolic Composer, The Music Language: http://www.symboliccomposer.com Last accessed on September 7, 2007.
11. Instant City: http://www.instantcity.ch/ Last accessed on September 7, 2007.
12. Audiopad: http://www.jamespatten.com/audiopad/index.php Last accessed on September 7, 2007.
13. Percussa AudioCubes: http://www.percussa.com/index.php?p=what Last accessed on September 7, 2007.
14. Warren, N., Jones, M., Jones, S., and Bainbridge, D. Navigation via Continuously Adapted Music. In CHI ’05 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. Portland, OR, 2005: (p. 1849-1852.)
15. Wynnychuk, J., Porcher, R., Brajovic, L., Brajovic, M., and Platas, N. sutoolz 1.0 alpha: 3D software music interface. In Proceedings of the 2002 Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression. Dublin, Ireland, 2002: (p. 1-2)
16. Barrass, S. and Barrass, T. Musical Creativity in Collaborative Virtual Environments. In Virtual Reality, Volume 10, Issue 2. London, UK, September 2006: (p. 149-157)
17. Zhou, Z., Cheok, A.D., Liu, W., Chen. X., Farbiz, F., Yang, X., and Haller. M. Multisensory Musical Entertainment Systems. In IEEE MultiMedia Volume 11, Issue 3. Los Alamitos, CA. July 2004: (p. 88-101)
18. Poupyrev, I., Berry, R., Billinghurst, M., Kato, H., Nakao, K., Baldwin, L., and Kurumisawa, J. Augmented Reality Interface for Electronic Music Performance. In Proceedings of HCI. 2001: (p. 805-808)
19. Jung, B., Hwang, J., Lee, S., and Kim, G.J. Incorporating Co-presence in Distributed Virtual Music Environment. In Proceedings of the ACM symposium on Virtual reality software and technology. Seoul, Korea. ACM Press, New York, NY. 2000: (p. 206-211)
20. Isaacson, E. What You See Is What You Get: On Visualizing Music. In Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Music Information Retrieval, London, 2005: (p. 389-395)
Tangled Web | Amy Gharst | Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning, University of Sydney
 Rogoff, I. The Aesthetics of Post-History: A German Perspective. in Melville, S. and Readings, B. eds. Vision & Textuality, Duke University Press, Durham, 1995, 115-140.
 Rogoff, I. Terra Infirma: Geography’s visual culture, Routledge, New York, 2000.
 Rogoff, I. Hit and Run: museums and cultural differences. Art Journal, 2002. Retrieved June 5, 2007, from FindArticles: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0425/is_3_61/ai_92026832#
 Rogoff, I. Twenty years on … inside, out - Liminalities: Discussions on the Global and the Local - cross cultural developments and their effect on art curators. Art Journal, 1998. Retrieved June 5, 2007, from FindArticles: http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0425/is_4_57/ai_53747209
 Rogoff, I. The Exergue – “All is Fair in Love and War” Dictionary of War, 2006-2007. Retrieved June 5, 2007, from Dictionary of War: http://dictionaryofwar.org/en-dict/node/415
 Rogoff, I. Engendering Terror. April 2006, Retrieved June 23, 2007, from Kein.org: http://www.kein.org/node/63
 Murray, J.H. Inventing the Medium. in Wardrip-Fruin, N. and Montfort, N. eds. The New Media Reader, The MIT Press, Cambridge and London, 2003, 3-11.
 Rogoff, I. Studying Visual Culture. in Mirzoeff, N. ed. The Visual Culture Reader, Routledge, London and New York, 1998, 24-36.
 Rogoff, I. The Where of Now? April 2006, Retrieved June 12, 2007, from Kein.org: http://www.kein.org/node/64
 Gemeinboeck, P. and Tanaka, A. A Framework for Spatial Interaction in Locative Media. in 2006 International Conference on New Interfaces for Musical Expression, (Paris, France, 2006), IRCAM, 26-30.
 Barriere, J.B. and Benayoun, M. World Skin, 1998. Retrieved June 13, 2007, from ARS Electronica: http://www.aec.at/en/archives/prix_projekt.asp?iProjectID=2497
 Barriere, J.B. and Benayoun, M. World Skin Application, 1997. Retrieved June 13, 2007, from ARS Electronica: http://www.aec.at/en/archives/center_projekt_ausgabe.asp?iProjectID=11871
 On, Josh. About They Rule 2004. Retrieved June 13, 2007, from They Rule: http://www.theyrule.net/html/about.php
 On, Josh. From They Rule to We Rule: Art and Activism. Retrieved June 13, 2007, from Ars Electronica: http://www.aec.at/en/archives/festival_archive/festival_catalogs/festival_artikel.asp?iProjectID=11803